Frequently Asked Questions

Got a question about your policy? You’re in the right place. Here you can find answers to some of our customers’ most common questions.

If you need to speak to someone, visit the contact us page.

Sending us documents

  • What documents do you need to see?

    This depends on your insurer and your circumstances. If we need you to send us some documents, we’ll let you know in your welcome letter. We send this to you after you’ve bought your policy.

  • How do I send you my documents?

    All documents can be sent to us by email or post:


    Complete Cover Group
    Mara House,
    Tarporley Business Centre,
    Nantwich Road,
    CW6 9UY


  • What do you accept as proof of name and address?

    We check all our customers’ identities to help fight fraud. As proof of your name and address, we need to see one of the following documents:

    -a utility bill (gas, water or electricity) dated within the last 30 days

    -a council tax bill dated within the last 30 days.

  • How can I share my DVLA driving licence summary?

    We may ask for a driving licence summary to confirm your policy.  This is easy to do via the View Driving Licence page on the DVLA website.

    Once you’ve received your check code, email it to with your customer reference, name, postcode and a clear picture of your diving licence photo card.

    If you need help, you can call the DVLA on 0300 083 0013.


  • How can I send you my Proof of No Claims Bonus?

    If you told us you haven’t had any claims when you set up your insurance, you’ll need to send us proof. You can get your Proof of No Claims Bonus document from your previous insurance company.

    Email this to We will check with your previous insurance company that it is valid.

    If we don’t receive this proof, or we find that it’s inconsistent with what you told us, then we will recalculate your premium.

  • How do I share my proof of driving experience?

    If we’ve given you a discount based on your previous driving experience but where you didn’t earn a no claims bonus, you’ll need to send us some proof. We need to share this with your new insurer.

    If you have named driver experience:

    This is where you have been driving as a named driver on someone else’s policy.

    We’ll need you to complete a named driver declaration form, which you’ll find in your welcome pack.

    Send this back to us and then we’ll contact the insurer or broker to confirm the information.


    If you have company driving experience:

    This is where you’ve been driving company vehicles, using the company’s insurance policy.

    We’ll need a letter on company-headed paper that tells us how many years you’ve driven company vehicles claims-free. It also needs to tell us if you used the vehicle for social use as well.

    Once we’ve received this, we’ll contact the company to confirm the information.


    If you have second vehicle experience

    This is where you have a no claims bonus, but it is being used on another vehicle.

    We’ll need a copy of the most recent insurance schedule from your second vehicle insurance.

    Once we’ve received this, we’ll contact the insurance company to confirm the information is correct.

  • What is a proposal form and what do I need to do with it?

    Some insurers require a signed proposal form that confirms your information. If you’ve been asked for a proposal form please make sure you:

    -check all the details on the form are correct and any questions are answered accurately and honestly

    -fill out and return all pages of the proposal form

    -sign and date the form where it tells you to

    -highlight any incorrect details and replace with the correct information.


    If any of the details on the proposal form need updating, then we will need to requote your insurance using the correct information. This may lead to a change in premium.

Questions about your insurance cover

  • What level of cover will I have when driving in the European Union (EU)?

    Please check whether you are covered in your insurer’s policy booklet. You can find policy booklets here.

  • Can I drive other cars with my insurance?

    Don’t automatically assume that you are covered to drive someone else’s car. Check your certificate of insurance to see if you’re covered.

Making a change to your policy

  • How do I make a change to my policy?

    To change your address or your vehicle please complete the relevant form here.

    For any other changes, please contact our Customer Services team.

  • How much does it cost to change the vehicle I have insured?

    We will charge you an admin fee of £50 to change your vehicle. Your insurer will recalculate your premium based on our new vehicle, which may result in your premium increasing or decreasing. These two amounts will be added together and you’ll then be charged or refunded as appropriate.


  • What are my payment options?

    You can pay for your policy by:

    1. One full payment by credit or debit card.
    2. Monthly instalments using premium finance (terms and conditions apply).

  • Can I choose my payment date?

    When you buy your policy, we’ll let you know your payment date. If this doesn’t work for you, we’ll do our best to change it. However, Ts and Cs apply so we may not be able to.  You may need to make a card to change your payment schedule.

    If you’d like to change your payment date, please get in touch with our customer team.

Cancellations and Refunds

  • How do I cancel my policy?

    Contact our team and we’ll be able to help you.  In most cases we can offer you an alternative that may save you money and keep you insured.  Call us on 0344 557 0006.

  • I’ve received a letter offering a reduced settlement. Can I pay this in instalments?

    No, any reduced settlement needs to be paid in full. No instalment plans are available. However, to discuss alternative options on paying this amount contact us on 0344 557 0006.

  • I’ve received a letter asking for an outstanding balance. how do I query or dispute the amount?

    To discuss a request for an outstanding balance please contact us on 0344 557 0006.

About your insurance documents

  • What is a certificate of insurance?

    A certificate of insurance is evidence that you have insurance cover for your vehicle. It also details the specific covers you have. Please keep it in a safe place in case you need it. It may also be needed to tax your vehicle.

  • What is a cover note?

    A cover note is a temporary proof of insurance document. It’s usually valid for 30 days and will be replaced when your certificate of insurance comes through.

  • How can I get a replacement certificate of insurance?

    Contact our team for replacement documentation.

Making a claim

  • How do I make a claim?

    Call 0800 221 8627. Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Renewing Your Insurance

  • When is my policy due for renewal?

    Your renewal date will be shown on your certificate of insurance.

  • When will I get my renewal price?

    We aim to send out a renewal invitation 21 days before your renewal date. This will show your renewal price and let you know if your policy is due to be automatically renewed or not.

General Insurance Questions

  • My vehicle isn’t showing on the ask MID website. Am I insured to drive?

    The MID can sometimes take a few days to update and show your vehicle as insured after purchase. As long as you have been issued a valid certificate of insurance you are covered to drive. To avoid challenges by police, it maybe worth having a copy held on you, so you can produce it, if requested.

  • Why can’t I tax my vehicle around my renewal date?

    To tax your vehicle online you may need a valid cover note or certificate of insurance with more than 14 days active cover. If you’ve just set up a policy or are within 14 days of your renewal, you may not be able to tax your vehicle online. Instead you can take your documentation and payment to a post office to get tax.