TT99 Car Insurance
- Specialist car insurance for drivers with TT99 endorsements
- Policies with leading UK insurance companies
- Great value cover with affordable payment options available
Are you coming back to driving following a ban under a “totting up” TT99 conviction? Finding affordable car insurance is probably a concern for you, but Complete Cover Group can help drivers in your situation get back on the road.
What is a TT99 endorsement?
When a driver reaches 12 or more penalty points within 3 years, they can be disqualified using the “totting up” driving offence code TT99. Examples of offences that can result in points on your licence include:
- Using your mobile phone while driving
- Going through a red traffic light
New drivers and the TT99 ban
The rules are stricter for a new driver, who will have their licence revoked if they get 6 or more points within 2 years of passing their test. If this happens, they’ll have to apply and pay for a new provisional licence and pass their driving test again to get a full licence.
How long does a driving ban last?
Disqualification is at the discretion of the Court, but typically, a TT99 conviction can lead to bans for:
- 6 months, if you get 12 or more penalty points within 3 years
- 12 months, if you get a second disqualification within 3 years
- 2 years, if you get a third disqualification within 3 years
How long does the endorsement stay on your licence?
A TT99 code stays on your licence for 4 years from the date of conviction. This must be disclosed to your insurer until the it’s considered spent. If you don’t, your insurance could be invalid and potentially leave you with another conviction for driving without insurance (IN10). Both of these will likely increase the costs of your insurance due to you being considered a higher risk.
We don’t believe your previous mistakes necessarily predict your future driving habits, so we treat all drivers fairly and without judgement. Why not see if our experts can save you money on your car insurance?