Uber Driver and Private Hire Insurance
Introducing Policy Link – specialist private hire insurance for Uber drivers
- Exclusive insurance cover for Uber Partner Drivers
- Great value cover including a range of free additional benefits
- Cover for Uber Eats food delivery drivers
If you provide rides for paying customers via Uber’s app, you must have the right private hire insurance in place.
At FareCOVER, we act as an introducer to Policy Link who are insurance comparison experts, who work with a panel of specialist insurers to help source the best insurance quotes.
Call 0330 054 0102 and we will pass you to Policy Link who will collect your insurance-related details and source you a quote using their insurer panel.
What’s more, you can enhance your insurance policies and incorporate a range of additional benefits
- personal accident cover
- replacement vehicle cover
- legal expenses cover
Competitive cover for a range of Uber drivers
Policy Link’s Uber insurance policies have been put together by specialists to cover most Uber Partner Drivers, including drivers with histories that other insurers may struggle to cover, such as:
- drivers with motoring convictions
- drivers with previous insurance claims
- hard-to-cover postcodes
- drivers with low credit history
- new taxi drivers
Uber Driver Partners requirements
Uber has opened new opportunities for drivers looking to earn a living from their vehicle. Whether full time or just casual work, the allure of being your own boss is tempting no matter who you are, from experienced professional drivers to university students.
But you won’t be surprised that you can’t just hop-in and be a partner driver for Uber without meeting certain conditions.
Private hire licence
You will need a private hire licence from your local council. If you don’t have one, Uber can help through their Ignition Programme which aims to help you get started as a partner driver.
Private hire insurance
You will need private hire insurance as personal cover won’t be valid when driving for hire and reward. Policy Link can provide you with an affordable quote, even if you have driving convictions.
- Must be in good condition and free of cosmetic damage. In some locations, such as London, you’d be ask to ensure your vehicle is free from commercial branding or displayed
- The minimum number of passengers required will depend on the service you choose to be a driver for. Here is what’s necessary for some of the most popular ones:
|Service||Minimum seated passengers|
- As the Policy Holder, you must:
- Be a minimum of 23 years old
- Have a valid UK driving licence with at least years of driving experience
- Provide a valid driver profile photo (this can’t be your driver’s licence photo)
- Meet the required years of driving experience for your location. Visit the Uber website for an up-to-date list.
Uber is not an insurance company, insurance intermediary or insurance broker. Our policies are offered independently of Uber.